Friday 8 June 2012

My Daughter said "Hello" (!!!)

Hello All,

My apologies for my prolonged absence. Things have been so bad and stressful and difficult, I just didn't feel I should come online and be the Voice of Doom. Things have been HARD.

This morning, though, a ray of sunshine through the clouds: for the first time EVER, my daughter replied to my "Have a nice day" with something other than the slamming of the passenger side car door: she said "Hello." (In Hungarian, hello is used as a general greeting. You say it when you come up to people, but also when you take leave of them.)

I have no doubt that this was a consequence of yesterday's meeting with our social worker. It was a pretty heavy meeting, with a lot of hard things said. Basically, it was an hour and a half of bawling. I had a migraine headache for hours afterwards and my eyes hurt for the rest of the day, until I finally went to bed and sleep restored them to their almost-normal state.

I think yesterday my daughter finally got a sense of what marriage to her dad had been like for me. Without badmouthing him (that's against my values!) I finally made her understand that I didn't leave him on a whim: I had my very legitimate reasons. So today I finally got an acknowledgment to my "Have a nice day." It's a big step.

Some of the stuff that came out in yesterday's meeting has me so outraged that I feel like I might explode, but I won't dwell on that now. Today's post shall remain a happy one. This morning was a small victory. A Small Miracle. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment